Now that she has a new book to shill, former White House adviser Kellyanne Conway is making the rounds on right-wing media and saying all sorts of fact-free shit that makes even less sense than the bizarre statements her former boss used to make while he was president.
Talking to Fox News host Will Cain on Sunday, Conway asserted that the reason Donald Trump won the 2016 presidential election was due to divine providence:
“We did it. With a small team, we made history and I think fundamentally changed what people expect from presidential candidates and presidencies. Transparent information. Donald Trump democratized information for everyone. Instant presidential communications.
“And you see what would have happened if crooked Hillary had been president. So, God had his way. The electorate turned things around in the right way and Donald Trump produced amazing accomplishments for this country.”
Amazing accomplishments? God had his way? That deserves a fact check.
Why in the world would God choose to help the most immoral man to ever run for the presidency? Why would God bless a man who has been married three times, cheated on all three of his wives, and bragged about how he likes to grab women “by the pussy”?
Oh, and as for those accomplishments:
- Trump left our global image in a complete shambles
- He separated migrant children from their parents and put them into internment camps
- His foreign policy was incomprehensible and dangerous
- He was impeached twice, the only president in U.S. history to earn that dubious distinction
- He completely failed to address or control the COVID-19 pandemic
- Roughly 22 million American jobs were lost between February and April of 2020, the worst job losses since the Great Depression
God had his way? Sounds a hell of a lot more like Satan.